Break out the Crock Pot and prep this meal for tomorrow !!! And if you have LOTS of Cranberries ~ this recipe is great for you
Prep Tonight, Slow-Cook it Tomorrow
Cranberry-Apple Orange Pork Roast
Yield – 4 servings x 2
Preparation Time – 10 minutes
Cooking Time – 8 hours in slow cooker
- 1 large pork tenderloin, cut in half (about 2.5 lbs.) ($4.22)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 15 oz. cans whole cranberry sauce ($1.98)
- 3 medium apples, cored and diced ($1.25)
- 1 cup orange juice ($.50)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger ($.05)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon ($.05)
- Side suggestion: Bread or rice
- Place half of the pork loin in the base of the slow cooker and the other half in a labeled plastic freezer baggie. Sprinkle both with salt and pepper.
- In mixing bowl, stir together the cranberry sauce, diced apples, orange juice and spices. Pour half over the pork in the slow cooker and the other half into the freezer baggie.
- Set the slow cooker to low and cook for 8 hours. Serve with side of bread or rice.
- Freeze the other half, up to 6 months. To use, thaw in the fridge overnight and cook as directed. If partially frozen when you start the slow cooker, that’s OK, but you might want to add an hour or two to the cooking time.
Cost $8.05 (2 meals worth)